We have been super busy here at Pizza and Perrier this weekend. Sharing some of our favorites with you while we are snowed in. Although, I wish we weren’t snowed in. I needed to run so many errands and get back to my ClassPass classes. I guess it will have to wait. But, on the bright side, I got to bond with my mama at home over food.
Today, I sat down with my mom and told her about our blog. She was very supportive and suggested that we make Tuna Croquettes for lunch and talk about all the wedding planning stuff.
Tuna Croquette recipe was passed onto me by my mom awhile ago. I absolutely love it. It is one of my favorites. When I got engaged, she started passing down all of my favorite food recipes to me. Especially, because I will be moving away from home when I get married, and she wants Nabeel to be able to enjoy all the foods I love so much as well. Therefore, this recipe is very close to my heart and holds a lot of sentiment. I hope you and your loved ones also love this just as much as I do!
Yield Amount: 20-25 croquettes Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 25-27 minutes
2 5-oz canned tuna (chunk light tuna, starkist)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 medium red potatoes, boiled and peeled
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups of bread crumbs
1 cup chopped cilantro
3-4 green chilies, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mash boiled potatoes
- Add canned tuna (avoid the liquid from the can) and mix well. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty
- Add chopped onions, cilantro, and green chilies. Mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Again, mix well
- Divide the mixture into 20 rounds and form them into patty like shape
- One at a time, coat all sides in egg and bread crumbs
- Set aside for a few minutes
- Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the croquettes and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling plate lined with paper towels.
- Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with desired sauce and toasted pita bread
- Enjoy and follow us on @pizza_and_perrier!